Is Your Website Mobile Friendly?
What is a Mobile Friendly Website?
- Web definitions – The mobile web refers to access to the world wide web, i.e. the use of browser-based Internet services, from a handheld mobile device, such as a smartphone or a feature phone, connected to a mobile network or other wireless network. …http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile-Friendly_website
Ways To Check Mobile Compatibility
- A quick way to check is take a look at your website on a smart phone or tablet.
- Minimize the size of your browser to the screen size of a tablet or cell phone.
- Looking for a technically analysis visit http://validator.w3.org/mobile/
- See your website on Apple iPad, iPhone 4, and iPhone 5 http://ipadpeek.com/
How to Make a Website Mobile Compatible
- Separate Coding for Mobile
- Responsive Web Design
- Mobile App
Separate Coding for Mobile
A mobilized website may share some content as a desktop website, but will have a lot of its own code — and is likely to present at the browser with a slightly different URL, like “m.2xsales.com” or “mobi.2xsales.com”. For companies with both desktop and mobilized websites, the code may detect the user’s device, and either automatically switch to the appropriate site or offer a choice.
Responsive Web Design
Responsive design is a more affordable solution that uses CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) to create a single version of the website that automatically adjusts to display properly on all devices; desktop, laptop, tablet, and smart phone.
Short List of App Tools:
- Intel App Framework
- jQuery Mobile
- encha Touch 2
Just as every business is different so are their mobile needs. The simplest answer for most web sites is a responsive design. However, seperate mobile sites and mobile apps have their advantages too.